How do I take care of my leather furniture?
Our quality leather furniture is easy to maintain and requires very little effort to keep it looking beautiful. Minor scratches, small punctures and tears can often be repaired making your leather purchase a smart investment. Here are some tips to help you enjoy your new leather furniture for years to come.
- Leather furniture should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Dusting frequently will prevent build up of surface dust and light soil accumulation. If necessary, wash with a mild liquid soap diluted in warm water: 1 part soap to 10 parts water. Wipe lightly and evenly over entire piece and allow to air dry.
- Oil, grease and other non-water soluble stains should be wiped with a clean, dry cloth; the stain will eventually fade into certain grades of leather over time. Ballpoint ink may be removed by rubbing gently with an art gum eraser.
- We strongly advise against using saddle soaps, abrasive cleaners or waxes and never use alcohol or alcohol-based products to remove stains from leather.
- We highly recommend the purchase of our leather protection plan as a first step in taking care of your leather.
- Ask a salesperson about this program.
How do you care for wood furniture?
We want you to enjoy your new wood furniture from Kasala for years to come. Here are some simple tips on how to keep your wood furniture looking its best.
- Dust regularly with a lint free cloth.
- For soil build-up, wipe with a soft damp cloth using mild soap and water and then wipe dry.
- We advise against using commercial polishes, waxes, liquid or aerosol products on the wood products we sell as they may alter the look of the wood. Also, never use ammonia-based cleaners on your wood furniture they will harm the finish.
- Keep furniture away from direct sunlight to avoid heat damage and fading. Maintaining a uniform degree of humidity in your home will prevent loss of moisture in the wood, which could cause cracking.
- Using felt backing on lamps and accessories will prevent scratching and gouging. A writing pad on desktops can help prevent markings.
- Avoid placing rubber-based objects on wood surfaces as they could damage the finish and always use coasters or hot pads when serving food.
- Finally, remember to rotate your accessories regularly to avoid surface spotting.
How do I take care of my area rug?
Our beautiful area rugs will last you many years but like upholstery they have specific cleaning needs. Here are some tips for keeping them looking new.
- Regular and thorough vacuum cleaning and quick attention to stains will prolong the life of your area rug considerably. For stains in isolated areas we recommend using a water-based spray spot cleaner such as Woolite rug cleaner. To clean: blot or scrape up as much of the spill as possible, lightly spray the area with the cleaner and carefully blot, working from the outside toward the center, until the stain lifts. Avoid saturating the spot. Vacuum when dry.
- Your new rug will shed some of its loose fibers for several weeks. This process is inherent in all 100% wool and wool blend rugs and does not affect the wear ability or longevity of the rug.
- As with any natural fiber, prolonged direct sunlight will cause fading.
- We advise using rug pads underneath our area rugs; they help to prevent shifting on hardwood floors and reduce the risk of color transfer onto carpeting.
- For overall cleaning of the rug, a professional carpet cleaning service is always recommended.
How should I take care of my upholstered furniture?
The quality upholstered furniture you purchase from Kasala should bring you years of comfort. Like clothing, upholstery has specific cleaning needs. Here are some guidelines that will increase the useful life of your new piece.
- Placing upholstery in direct sunlight will cause it to fade.
- To obtain the most satisfaction from your upholstery, give immediate attention to spots and establish a weekly routine for vacuuming or light brushing to prevent accumulation of overall soil, dust and grime.
- The following symbols serve as a guideline in determining how to clean your upholstery based on the cleaning code of the fabric used on your piece. For reference, your cleaning code should be written on your sales receipt.
- W- Water based cleaning agents or foam may be used for spot cleaning.
- S- Only mild pure water-free dry cleaning solvents may be used for spot cleaning.
- WS- Water based cleaning agents may be used for cleaning.
- SW- Water based cleaning agents and foam or a mild water-free solvent may be used for cleaning.
- X- This fabric should be vacuumed or brushed lightly to remove soil.Do not use foam or liquid cleaning agents of any type. When using any cleaners, always pretest a small area before attempting any cleaning action.
- For overall cleaning of your upholstery, we recommend cleaning by a professional furniture cleaning service.As a service to our customers, we offer a fabric protection program for all our upholstery. Ask your salesperson for details.